Frequently Asked Questions

How do I start trash service?

  • Most customers have water service with Indiana American Water Co. Once you set up your water service by calling them at (800)492-8373, the information will automatically be forwarded to our Billing Department to set up your sewer and trash account.
  • If you have a well, you will need to contact our Billing Department at (765)775-5140 to set up your trash account.

Why was my trash missed?

  • Was it out by 7? Our employees start their routes at 7:00 a.m.. They don’t necessarily come at the same time each week.
  • Was your trash in the can with the yellow lid? The can with the yellow lid is for recycling only.
  • Was it in an approved can? An approved trash can is a cart-style with a metal bale & attached lid.

How do I get a trash toter?

  • The city offers 48-gal. toters for $75.00 or 96-gal. toters for $84.00. The toters come with a 12-year warranty and free delivery.
  • Please send an order form along with payment via mail to 222 N. Chauncey Ave. or use the drop box in front of City Hall.

What can I recycle?

  • FLATTENED Cardboard     
  • Mixed Paper
  • Plastic Bottles & Jugs
  • Tin & Aluminum Cans
  • Glass Bottles & Jars
  • All items must be CLEAN

How do I dispose of furniture/mattresses/large items?

  • We will pick up one (1) large item with your trash.
  • If it is in decent shape, consider donating to Goodwill, etc. Otherwise, put it out with your trash.
  • We will do a special pick-up for any metal items.
    • Set them to the side and let us know so we can add them to the list.
    • Please remove non-metal parts and remove fuel and/or oil.
    • Cut pipes to no longer than 6’
  • We do not take TV’s, Computers, electronics, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, a/c units

Where can I take electronics?

  • Electronics can go to Winski’s Electronic Recycling- 421-6005. There may be a small fee.

Where can I take a fridge, freezer, a/c unit?

  • Trustworthy Appliance. There will be a fee.

Can I put yard waste in bags?

  • You can use paper yard waste bags or rigid containers for yard waste. No plastic bags.
  • The city offers 48-gal. yard waste toters for $75.00.
  • Limbs can be stacked at the curb but must be no longer than 6’ and no more than 6” in diameter.

Contact Us

    In this Department